Thursday, January 10, 2013

NAFDAC probes UNIBEN professor’s HIV/AIDS cure claims

Director-General of National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control, NAFDAC, Dr. Paul Orhii, yesterday, warned Nigerians not to patronize the drugs announced by Professor Isaiah Ibeh of University of Benin, UNIBEN, as cure for HIV/AIDS.



He said the drug was not subjected to standard scientific protocols before announcement, and needed to be sanctioned.

Disassociating NAFDAC from the announcement, he said the product was never brought to his agency for vetting and neither was it subjected to any known institutional scrutiny.


Dr Paul Orhii, DG, NAFDAC
He said: “We have started with disassociating ourselves from the so called cure. We will decide the appropriate sanction. We have invited him for further investigation.

“If our laws don’t have appropriate punishment for such persons who don’t follow scientific protocols in making such pronouncement, we will review the law and ensure that such do not occur again.

“The agency wishes to state that this herbal drug which is claimed to have undergone a series of successful tests has never been presented to the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control for evaluation of efficacy and safety.

”This bogus claim of efficacy without following the appropriate procedure for drug evaluation is capable of misleading the public, especially those that have HIV/AIDs infection as there is no known official or scientifically proven cure for HIV/AIDS infection to date.”

“You may recall that Nigeria had been inundated with similar spurious claims in the past, when individuals announced cure for HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis and Diabetes which later turned out to be false after thorough investigation.

“This is usually at the expense of innocent citizens who have risked their lives, wasted their time and money in search of the elusive cure for their ailments. Nigerians deserve better than to be used as Guinea pigs no matter how noble the intention of the researcher.

“Also recall that in September 2011, NAFDAC arrested the Managing Director of Winners Medical Diagnostics and Research Institute, Dr. Jacob Abdullahi for dealing in expired medicines claimed to be cure for HIV.

“Similarly, in November 2011, one Dr. (Amb) P.S.A. Bondima Young of Bondima Hepatoviral Centre, Jos was apprehended by NAFDAC for administering unregistered drugs on patients for the treatment of Hepatitis.

“I wish to caution other persons who might want to follow the footsteps of Prof. Isaiah Ibeh in making public claims for products whose safety and efficiency have not been scientifically proven to desist from such acts .

“There is a laid down protocol for determining efficacy and safety of new medicines and this must be strictly adhered to by all.”

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I want to let the general public know of how i got cured from HIV disease by dr.okoh. I'm Hamilton Brett and i am from Fresno California, i was HIV positive and i was been sustain with medications but i wasn't cured. A friend of mine told me about a man called Okoh and showed me testimonies on how people are talking about how this man cured them from herpes and others from HIV but i never believe it. But after much discussion i tough of giving this man a try, I contacted him with his email and he guided me and told me what to do, now according to what he told me all where true. Now I'm free and happy because Dr.okoh has restore me back to my normal and happy life by giving me a cure for my HIV disease and when i went for medical test i was been confirm HIV negative. So I'm urging you to contact him for help and get cured if you are infected also with any disease or you have any health issues, you can get to him through his email: drokohspelhome@gmail.com or his telephone: 2348153089532 for an easy communication.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany ValladeresJune 12, 2015 at 3:11 PM

    I'm very happy for the great help that Doctor Okoh render to me .my name is Brittany Valladares i'm an AMERICA, i live in Milwaukee Wisconsin.I have had lots of trouble with herpes type 1 from a very young age- I have had cold sores on/in my mouth area, on my chin, on my thumb, chicken pox, shingles… I have seen allots of blogs and articles of some person speaking about how doctor okoh has cure the with his treatment and i was excited to contact this doctor(OKOH).
    Doctor okoh promise to help me with the cure and make me healthy again, he told me what to do and i went according to the instructions given by doctor okoh, after I'm done with it he told me to go and check myself in any of the hospital in my country and i did, only for me get there and after checking, i was confirm that the virus which has been my worries and trouble is no longer in my system, i have had about doctor okoh cure for any deadly disease and now I believe all the Testimonies about him on the internet, he is truly a great man.You can get to him if you also need help, his Telephone number; +2348153089532 and his E-mail: drokohspelhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete